Tenants FAQs

How do I start looking for a rental property?

The first step is to contact us to provide brief details about yourself and about the accommodation you require. We then search our database for suitable properties for you to view. It is advised that you start looking for your new accomodation about a month before you wish to move, as properties are viewed and reserved quickly. We can assist both private working tenants and DSS Housing benefit claimants. Most tenancies are for a minimum term of 6 months.

Viewings will then be arranged and you will invariably be accompanied by a member of our staff who can give advice and answer any questions you may have.

What do I do if I want to reserve a property?

Once you have decided on a property we will ask you to complete a straightforward online application form and to provide documents to prove identity, such as utility bills and photographic ID. You will need to reserve the property by paying a ‘holding deposit’, usually the equivalent of the set up or administration Fee. Once this is paid the property is taken off the market until the results of the checks are obtained which usually takes between 2-5 days. You may need to pay a retainer of one month’s rent in addition to this if you wish to reserve the property for a longer period of time i.e 4-6 weeks or more

The reason we ask for a retainer or deposit is to prove an applicants serious intent to rent a property and because we will be taking the property off the open market.

Assuming that the tenancy goes ahead you will be required to pay the deposit or bond and one months rent in advance. A date for signing the Tenancy Agreement is then agreed.

If the tenancy is declined for any reason, or if you decide not to proceed or you fail to provide complete and accurate information in your application the admin/set up fee is non refundable.

Will I need to provide any references

We will require satisfactory references for you, usually from a previous or current landlord and employer. We may also require a personal reference, and sometimes a guarantor. In addition a credit check will be undertaken. All of this is conducted by our staff on your behalf.

If you require a guarantor for any reason then the guarantor must pass suitable credit checks.

Rents are quoted calendar monthly, and payable monthly in advance.  The tenant is usually also responsible for Council Tax, Water Rates, Gas, Electricity and Telephone costs (unless specifically stated). All rents are payable by bank standing order/direct debit.

If you claim any form of housing benefit then you will still be required to pay the rent monthly in advance throughout the tenancy and will require a guarantor.

What happens to the deposit or bond that I will pay?

A security deposit or bond will always be required, the amount varies between different properties. This deposit will be paid to the Tenancy Deposit Scheme as required by the Housing Act 2004. This Scheme is impartial to both landlord and tenant.

They will hold the deposit as stakeholders in a secure client account throughout the tenancy term. The deposit will be returned at the end of the tenancy after the property has been inspected, and subject to it being handed back in the same condition it was at the beginning of the tenancy (minus fair ware & tear)

If there are any disputes regarding the deposit at the end of the tenancy then the Tenancy Deposit Scheme Administrator will be made aware of this and they will make a decision.

Under no circumstances can the deposit be used by the tenant to cover rent.

Online Tenant Application Form

Please hit this link below to take you to our online tenant application form. This is the form that you need to complete in order to apply to rent one of our properties. Once you have completed this application form we will begin our credit and referencing requests and we will keep you up to date on the progress of your application. We recommend you informing your employer and present landlord that we will be contacting them shortly.

Tenant Application Form >>